Monday, January 31, 2011

The House


As per request from one of the few readers of this blog, I will give an update on the house plans going on next door. Yes, we have been building our house....for quite a few months now. It is now at the stage where the inside is being worked on. In the next couple of weeks, the finish work (meaning the trim, doors, closets, and door frames) will be done. Somewhere in there the siding should be getting on the outside too. Then comes the best part..painting! Actually, I am not looking forward to that part at all because Randy and I will be doing all the work to save money. So, the next time I write about the house, I will probably be complaining about it! Once the paint is done, it is time for all the final things. That is when the cabinets, flooring, and bathroom things will go in. The builders gave us an estimate of being done by February or March. I am going to guess March (and probably the middle of it) so as not to get my hopes up just yet!

5 comments:

  1. Which room will I stay in when i come to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a house on that piece of land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see Eric, there will be a couch or a whole unfinished basement...take your pick! Actually if you really did come to visit, we would treat you with STYLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's so nice talea! I can't wait to visit! I'll help you set up the craft room...and my room too, teehee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read more on your blog! Even though I do see you guys almost on a weekly basis. I loved the story of Kyle running through the halls. I can just picture his huge cute grin. I bet he loved every second of it.

    ReplyDelete